For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Tranquility Co. Mykonos. This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.tranquility-mykonos.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service. We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone]. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Tranquility Co. Mykonos requires a 30% non-refundable down payment upon making any villa reservation. No contract with us will exist until we have received this amount and the booking form duly signed and have consequently confirmed your booking. Should you later cancel, cancellation charges will become payable in accordance with our cancellation policy. The balance of the payment must be paid at least four (4) weeks prior your arrival. If we do not receive the balance by the due date, we shall be entitled to cancel the booking without prejudice to our claim for cancellation charges and to retain the deposit. For bookings made within eight weeks of arrival date, you will be required to pay the full cost of your holiday at the time of booking. Rates are based on market prices – Payment is held either by wire transfer or credit card charge. To pay with a Visa / Master card / there is an additional 1.5% service fee. For American Express cards there is a 3.5% service fee.
All cancellations and any requests for changes to your reservation (such as date changes or changes in the number in your party) must be made IN WRITING, and faxed, emailed or mailed to us promptly It is agreed between us that should you wish to cancel all or any part of your booking, or that the booking is cancelled by us due to non-payment, then we shall be entitled to the following percentage of the Total Rental cost: 4 weeks prior to arrival = 30 % (non-refundable deposit) 2 weeks before arrival = 100% (deposit & balance).
**Please note: We will require a refundable security deposit of 2000 Euro upon arrival.
If you are a EU / US or Any other country Citizen traveling to Mykonos you will need Proof of Citizenship; this is a Passport ID.
Please note: If you are traveling to Mykonos and are planning to do any day trips/day sails to the Cyclades or any other Island you will need a valid Passport ID.
DAMAGE DEPOSITS (Security Deposit)
Our Villas for the island of Mykonos require a damage deposit. The deposit is between 1500 Euro and 2000 Euro depending on the property reserved. In most cases this deposit may be applied to a Visa or MasterCard. Our consultants will advise you at the time of booking which policy apply to your rental home. The security deposits are fully refundable within 4 weeks of your departure, provided there is no breakage, damage, missing items, no charges incurred before, during or after your stay, still outstanding. All normal utilities (except long-distance phone calls or careless or extremely excessive use of your villa’s water supply) are included in your rental price. You hereby agree to pay Tranquility Co. Mykonos on behalf of the owner of your villa the cleaning or replacement costs for all damages to personal property or to the real estate, which may occur as a result of your occupancy, excluding normal wear and tear. Locked pantries and closets are reserved for the use of the villa owner and are not included in this rental. You as a Guest agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your family and other guests in your party adhere to the rules and regulations affecting your villa. All villas are privately owned, so decor, colors and inventories will of course vary. All villas are fully furnished, including an ample supply of bed linens and towels for Guests’ use. Rearranging of furniture or removing any items from the villa is prohibited.
Tranquility Co. Mykonos is acting hereunder as an agent for accommodations, and assumes no liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from their villa. Transportation (airlines, ferries, charter vessels, rental cars and taxis) is supplied by providers who operate independently of Tranquility Co. Mykonos. We assume no responsibility, therefore, for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers. Furthermore, guests are responsible for their villa during occupancy, and must lock villa windows and doors securely at all times when not on the premises, and must exercise care in securing all personal property. Guests must observe all cautions as given in our guest book and/or by your local contact. All Tranquility Co. Mykonos properties are privately owned. The Owner and Tranquility Co. Mykonos reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at their complete discretion. Any and all disputes will be subject to jurisdiction of the Greek State.